The city of Surabaya, the first city to implement e-procurement, awarded the recognition from the Anti Corruption Agency (KPK) of the succeeded city in preventing acts of corruption through the procurement of goods and services. In 2007 the agency conducted evaluation research onthe e-procurement implementation found that:
1. The embryo of the first e-marketplace in Indonesia is used by more than 3,450 Vendors and 43 units in the government city of Surabaya.It recorded a daily average of 50,000 web hits and 82,395 visitors, with many packagesbeing auctionedand all packages above 50 million transacted through electronic procurement.
2. In 2004, the auction process as much as worth Rp. 182,86,661 billions.
3. In 2005, the auction process work packages worth Rp. 1603,413,38 Billions
4. In 2006, the auction process as many as worth Rp. 290 Billions.
5. In 2007, until May 2007, the auction process as much as worth Rp.350 Billions worth of 196.28 job package.
6. The best model of Government e-Procurement Service could be implemented in central and regional government agencies.
The e-procurement service obtained the ISO 9001: 2000 Quality ManagementSystem ISO 27001: 2005 and Information Security Management System. The impacts of the e-proc implementation in Surabaya are as follows:
a) the reduced budget corruption opportunities;
b) increased employment opportunities to young entrepreneurs;
c). increased budget efficiency;
and) increasing public trust on public procurement.
However, most of e-procurements that had been studied were to achieve efficiency and faster and easier processes of procurement rather than transparency and accountability.